PLAN, with generous support from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services to the Texas State Library and Archives Commission under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act (2023), is able to provide Texas libraries project support, facility improvements, and crisis management by providing up to a week of hands-on support to complete projects.
• Library located in the state of Texas
• Agree to an assessment of library building, services, policy, staffing, etc. by a PLAN employee or designee
• Complete grant application in full and be prepared to file follow up paperwork with PLAN within 30 days of completion of the library rescue
• Applications are accepted through March 31, 2023 and will be reviewed by an appointed committee on a rolling basis to determine feasibility and impact of the proposed project.
• Only a limited number of libraries will be accepted into this grant program, so it is important to submit an application sooner rather than later in case all slots are filled quickly.